It is such a nice morning that I decided to take my laptop outside. Having my morning coffee on the deck, it is a little breezy but hey it is going to get HOT, so I am going to enjoy the morning.

As I took the trash out this morning and put the check with it. We have rural trash pick up. I thought what a shame to pay $15.00 a month to have one bag ( kitchen size NOT the big bags ) of trash a week taken away, 4 -6 bags a month. We have reduced, reused, and I would recycle if we had a center to take things to. About all we would have to recycle is a few glass jars , some plastic and the occasional cardboard box. I suppose that everything but the glass could be burnt? We honestly have very little trash. I saw some sort of craft show ( part of the show ) any way a lady was taking regular jars that we would have emptied from pickles and such. Well she was painting flowers on them painting and decorating the lids and reusing them for cool things.
No I am not going to start painting my old jars...but it is a great idea.

OK enough thinking for one morning.. off to hang some table clothes on the cloths line and get to quilting. I have a quilt that I must finish today.

1 comment:

Jean said...

It is a good thing to reuse and recycle. We have a plan here where they pick up the paper one week, the plastic the next.