WHAT IS ON MY DESIGN WALL

Well my wall looks the same, except for the pins I put in the blocks to keep them there. I find that I have so little time to piece. Sigh !!! You can stop by Judy's and see what every one else got done.

I have been machine quilting. I do not like to show photos of client quilts so no photos. One of the things I like about quilting for others is...I get to see and work on some really lovely quilts. Quilts that I would never get to piece myself. I have a custom quilt coming up so I have been looking at it. Thinking..... What can I do with this???

Then the light bulb went on...I might be able to...... OK I know you all do this type of creative thinking right? Well this idea required looking for a certain pattern, my organising skills only go so far. If I can look for it and find it then I am good. I have some three ring binders and two drawers with this kind of stuff in it.

I start digging !!! I think I actually enjoy digging through this stuff, it is kind of like a treasure hunt. Found a pattern that I think will work but, it needs re sized. I gather my ideas up and go back to the other house. Another example of my organising skills. My scanner printer is not in my studio... It is so old that I have to have it on the OLD desk top won't load on any other computer. OK so I have my ideas....my old scanner with the old computer..I push the button to turn on the computer......NO screen!!! OK I think Hummm I guess I did not push the button..But NO !!! NO !!! the screen has gave it up and died..What !!!! NO screen !!!! GRRRRR !!!!
OK so husband remembers the really really old screen that is buried in the closet. I did it out and he hooks it up...YEAAAA !!!! I have a screen a tiny 13 inch screen that my over 40 eyes need magnifying glasses to read but, Hey it works. I have my re sized ideas...now if they just work with the quilt, I can call the client and let her know I can start the quilting.

Lesson learned this week. I really need to up date my scanner printer.. I hate spending money on stuff like that. It seems like a shame to get new stuff when the old stuff still works...Well OK it sort of works.

Lesson two... I am organised enough ! some may not agree but I find that digging through the patterns and such is part of the creative process for me.

No comments: