I have been so tired lately, two or three days a week my day job requires that I get up at 3 am. The older I get the harder that is for me to do, I will never get used to it..Never. Like yesterday,

Yesterday was a 3 am day. I worked until noon then, I took myself out to lunch, after which I had my block of the month which is at least fun.

Husband calls.....can you pick Mom ( my mil ) up on your way home and bring her out for dinner?? Our kids are all home so I say OK but YOU OWE ME !!! Husband and the kids went to a fishing tournament weigh in and were not getting back in time to pick her up. All right my day started at 3 am I am sure that every one else slept quite a bit longer. I had to stop at the grocery store and pick up MIL, got home around 3:30 pm and started things for dinner, made potato salad and got the chicken in a marinade. Now MIL and I had almost three hours alone together before the family made it home. Once MIL has determined that I have not bought anything new. This is probably age related but dang it is tiring to go through each time she is here. Is that a new pillow?... NO. ...Are you sure? ....It is not new.... Well my Goodness.....Is that lamp new?.... NO... Humph...well my goodness....are you sure? This goes on until she is satisfied that I have not bought anything new.

Then there is the gray hair thing. I am getting a lot of gray hair, I choose not to color my hair. I don't mind... I know I have a lot of gray hair.. So what?, but MIL likes to remind me.... Oh my goodness you are getting gray, you have so much gray hair...... I know but you know I am pushing 50 after all.....Well it shows up a lot today here in the house, my goodness your hair is gray... Well dang it I bet it will be just as gray if I were outside as it is inside the house and it was just as gray yesterday as it is today.!!!

Now MIL is usually always mad at some one.....we are each happy when it is not our turn and she is mad at some one else. LOL Lately she has been mad at her daughter???

Sometime after 10 pm I fell asleep in the floor looking at photos of the kids when they were younger ( with the kids ) I had promised the kids photos from their growing up years for their own homes. It was nice and we had 200 wedding photos to look at. Now how am I going to choose which to buy. LOL I know I will buy them all....that way when MIL comes out again I will have something NEW. LOL

I am tired but, today I got to sleep in until 5:30 am and only worked until noon. YEAH !!!

I am kind of wondering what husband thought I meant when I said YOU OWE ME.. I came home to two sinks of dishes and three load of laundry, HUMMM... we have a dishwasher and I bet it needs cleaned out as well.

I am just tired and cranky but, I think I am getting to old for these early days and late nights. I am wanting to spend more time with the kids, grandchildren will be around soon.

Something to think about. What do I want to be doing next year....in five years??

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Oh I laugh when I read your blog, your life sounds a lot like mine! If I had to pick up my MIL for a visit, well, I might push her out of the car on the way. Yeah, sounds like the same story I hear. Try that styrofoam insulation board you get real cheap at a place like Home Depot or somewhere. I use the 1.5" thick stuff, and just light nail it at the top and bottom, use a utility knife to cut any vents, electrical outlets etc out. You can stick pins it in to your heart's content! I've had the current one up for 2 years, and love it. I liked being able to just "stick" things to flannel, but I like being able to pin things up better. Sometimes I layer my projects! One time I had three queen size layers up!

Some days you just don't have the inspiration to quilt, but organizing your scraps is good too. I'm been doing that, and find a lot of ideas in just doing that! My noodle, brick and nickel boxes have new fabrics in them, my scraps are being used up, and my floor is cleaner. And a whole basket of strings to play in. Ahhh!

Getting older, yup, I am too. A bit older than you, and getting up requires much more sleep than it used to!

Jean said...

Sounds like you need a day of R & R!!!! Hope you get it. I feel under pressure as I have things I told people I would make or quilt for them, plus I would like to just sit down and make something fun without worrying about what I should be doing. Plus I haven't even cleaned good all summer. Whew! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

I can't believe how behind I am reading blogs. It might take me all day to catch up! lol