I still have this on my wall, I have added rows but I did not take anew photo to share. Lazy I guess, I have half the blocks pieced though. I like this one it is so simple and fast.
A few days ago Judy had a quilt on her wall it reminded me that I had this one. I pieced this 2 or 3 years ago. I have struggled with this one. A group of ladies I was getting together with once a month wanted to learn paper piecing and applique, hand quilting and such as that. Well this was the project that some one picked out. I hated the pattern right from the start but, I decided to join in any way. We were to choose a fabric that we loved then choose the rest of the fabrics from that favorite fabric. I choose the paisley print, I could not decide on the rest, LOL I made three mock up's before I settled on these colors. I simply could not find strong enough colors to work well with this dark fabric. Then I did not follow the directions for those spiky things...( I rarely follow directions well ) LOL We were supposed to do two using templates and two with paper piecing. Well some how I managed to do something wrong and had to sort of draft the other two to match, of course I could not remember what I did on the first two so yes I did make them more than once to get it close enough. All this changed the size of the center so that meant that the pieced border did not fit either, I had to change that as well. At this point I decided that I had learned enough and that I was finished I would one day machine quilt this and call it good. Mine is a 27 inch square and still not finished. Some of the ladies did finish their quilts as the pattern called for ending up with I think a 54 inch square or something like that, I think that three or four even hand quilted them. I hated this piece from the very beginning but, I did learn a lot making it.
Next month I need a wall hanging finished for a display. I do not have time to make a new one so I hope to finish this one in time. At least it is pieced right? I think I am going to add a 6 or 8 inch border using the paisley print..(Yes I still have the fabrics.) Quilt it up and maybe do a scalloped border for the finish. It is either that or I have to display the same wall hanging as last year.
Motivation right.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I love that red quilt, not sure why you didn't...it is gorgeous. I had some of that same paisley, I think. I love paisleys of all colors! I made a simpler pattern out of it, but I don't know if I have a pic. I will have to look. I gave it to my neighbors as a thank you as he had given me a handmade wooden chest.