My recipe for chicken and noodles..Well I don't have one. I learned from my Mother and my Gran it is the kind of thing that you have to feel to get right.. But!!!! here is the recipe that my Mother in law gave me.

2 eggs beaten
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk

Flour to make a stiff dough.
Roll and let dry--cut


I almost never use the salt in mine...sometimes I use the baking powder sometimes not.. LOL I often use water instead of milk and I don't let mine dry..I use them right away usually. Both versions work My version are a little tougher...is that a word? I like my noodles just a bit chewy... not really tough just a bit firmer so I leave out the baking powder...most of the time.

For the chicken part.. I cook a whole chicken or sometimes just legs and thighs. Sometimes I buy a big bag of legs and thighs....I like to soak them overnight in salt water drain and rinse before cooking. When I do that I have lots of shredded chicken for several dishes.

 Any way back to chicken and noodles.

 I like to put my chicken in the crock pot...season it up with...salt pepper garlic, onion, celery, bay leaf, whatever you like.  Cover with water plug it in and go to bed..

 When I get up the next morning the house smells like chicken soup LOL and I cool it all down some then put in the fridg. until cold. When I get ready to make dinner I take the chicken off the bone and shred with my hands..  nothing fancy. I do my best to make sure there are no bones or skin left with the chicken. I use what I want of the broth and noodles for dinner and freeze the rest for later. As I am heating the broth and chicken I make the noodles as soon as the broth comes to a full boil I drop the noodles in...stir very gently or they break up and you have noodle crumbs.. simmer about 20 minuets or so..  I do add a soup base to my broth. My favorite brand is L.B. Jamison's soup base. Love the stuff..it comes in chicken, beef, and ham flavors.   I don't measure how much I use. I just put some in  probably 2 to 3 tablespoons.. I can tell by the color of the broth when it is the way I like it.

Sometimes instead of making noodles I just use the chicken and broth...add some veggies and make chicken soup.. I cook some rice and put some of it in the bowl and add the soup on top.. Yummy.

No comments: