WHAT'S COOKING?  

Carrots....I made 
 Curried Carrot Soup
Quick Carrot Salad
 Vegetable Soup which had carrots in it.

I did not take a photo of the Vegetable soup cause,
we all know what that looks like.

The Curried Carrot Soup did not photograph well but it did taste good. 
I might even make it again, not often but I did like it.

The Carrot Salad is good, I might make it again but with a few changes.
I think I would add raisins and diced apples.
It is good but I think that the raisins and apples would make it better.

I found both recipes on line but I am not sure which site's at the moment.
Both are really easy to make and quick! I like that.

Head to Judy's to see what every one else cooked up.

Curried Carrot Soup

1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 small clove garlic
1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger mashed
1/2 pound carrots chopped
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup light coconut milk

1. Put the first  olive oil, curry powder, clove of garlic, and ginger along with 1 1/2 cups broth
2. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer until carrots are soft. Add the remaining broth.
3. Once the carrots are soft, let cool a bit then pour into blender and puree it.
 ( I used a immersion blender instead )
4. Transfer the puree back into the pot on medium heat, stir in the coconut milk and serve.

Quick Carrot Salad

Dressing
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Whisk together or place in jar with lid and shake.

Salad
4 carrots peeled and grated. 
1 medium red onion thinly sliced
3 tablespoons dressing
salt and pepper to taste





No comments: