Applying binding on the long arm..How I do it any way. Just like on the DSM, Leave a long tail to start.. line up the outer edges and stitch. Make sure to not run over a pin..Repeat DO NOT RUN OVER A PIN. I understand that some people use wash out glue instead but I did not. I used two pins and was very careful.

Stitch to 1/4 inch of the edge. Tack stitch. Pull up threads and move machine aside.

miter binding.


step two to miter the binding. Start stitching at the end just as you would with the DSM.




Continue stitching until you get to the next miter.



Ready for trimming...Pressing and hand stitching to the back or machine stitching with DSM I will hand stitch this one...Piece of cake.. OK it takes a bit of practice and you must go slowly but, it does work well. Applying binding this way is not for every quilt but for a cuddle quilt. It is a option. It works much like useing your DSM except no wrestling the quilt.




1 comment:

Jean said...

You are braver than me....I don't know if I could control my machine well enough to do this.